Ashanti Stars In Christmas Movie, Fantasia Goes To Broadway

I know! I know! I have more Ashanti news. Believe me if I knew this all in one sitting I would surely post it together. Anyway Ashanti will star in a new movie, Christmas In The City which will air on the Lifetime network on December 7. Ashanti plays a consultant who overtakes the direction of a department store.

I have to take my hat off to Ashanti. She has really been grinding. She has been landing quite a number of acting roles lately, NBC's SUV and ABC's Modern Family. Next year Ashanti will hopefully finally release her long awaited album BraveHeart due in March.

Someone who showed Ashanti some a love a few months ago was Fantasia. She is keeping herself busy by partaking in a Broadway production, After Midnight. The show focuses on the influence of many of our Jazz and Blues greats from over the years. The show starts on October 18.

Meanwhile Fantasia has chosen The Side Effects Of You as the third single off her album of the same name.

You all been watching TV lately? Well I've said it before but I am a reality TV fanatic and I'm getting excited about the possible spin off of Love & Hip Hop L.A. The casting and rumors of the show are starting to heat up more. The word on the street is that VH1 has asked Mona Scott Young(EP) to narrow down which city they focus on; L.A., New Orleans, and Houston. Young is apparently focused on getting the L.A. spin off off the ground.

The show is likely to star Ray J and his girlfriend Teairra Mari(song: Sponsor) as well as several other cast mates. It's also being said that Ray J may EP the show along with Young. This wouldn't be surprising though as Ray J already has a relationship with VH1. He and sister Brandy starred in a VH1 show for two season; Brandy & Ray J: A Family Business.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards