Trey Songz Speaks On New Tour, New Album

In just over a week, Trey Songz will hit the road for the Anticipation 2our, an 18-date trek throughout North America. When he kicks off that tour, Feb. 9, Songz hopes to be done with his next album, 'Chapter V.'

Speaking of the effort recently, Songz says "The tour's been very prevalent in my mind, but the record and making sure the album's complete have been on my mind as well."

Long awaited, considering he announced the album last Summer, Songz has been taking his time to make sure it is right. Not only moving forward but, staying in touch with his successful roots.

"I'm definitely trying to leap forward with every album, and with this album, I think it's a leap forward and a leap into the past," he tells Billboard. "I want to embody in this album -- this fifth album, which is very monumental for me -- what I am, where I came from and where I'm going. I… just think it's going to be very fluent, very diverse yet very cohesive album."

While it's unclear when the album will be in stores, the "Top of the World (If I Could)" singer plans to perform new songs on his Anticipation 2our.

"Passion, Pain & Pleasure," his last album, was released September 2010.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards