The-Dream Talks Ciara, R. Kelly, & Rihanna

The-Dream recently did an interview overseas and dished on some of the ladies he's worked with and R. Kelly's influence on R&B. Read more below:

On why he can’t work with Ciara: “I have a contract under Def Jam so it’s only certain people I work with. [The executives] were real smart by putting that in there, I made them pay for it.”

On R. Kelly’s influence: “He held it down. I don’t think this generation of R&B would be at this particular stage without that. R. Kelly was doing it in a hip-hop-dominated culture,” he says, adding, “But we all gotta go down.”

On his success as a recording artist: “I don’t really care about the million album sales. I don’t really care about the number ones because I do those things writing for everybody else, so I can just stay in this spot and I’m comfortable selling 500k and under. Everybody wants to go pop, I don’t.”

On why Rated R is one of Rihanna’s best albums: “That was right after Good Girl Gone Bad. She could of went up and went more pop, but she regressed and went down back into it.”
http://www.rap-up.com/2012/01/04/the-dream-explains-why-he-cant-write-for-ciara-praises-r-kelly/comment-page-1/#comment-1320511

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards