Nicki Minaj Didn't Want To Release New Album This Year!
Also below read stories on The-Dream's latest production and Gucci Mane's latest arrest.
By her own accounts, Nicki Minaj didn’t want to drop her debut album this year. Despite setting a Billboard record by becoming the first female rapper to be featured on seven of Nielsen Soundscan’s 200 best-selling song’s this year, Nicki Minaj repeated her earlier statements to Honey magazine that she never intended to release an album this year.The-Dream To Produce Kim Kardashian Album!
“I wanted to release my album next year,” she told Toi Troutman of Honey, during a previous interview. “I don’t think I have a big enough fan base.”
The Soundscan numbers disproved her fears, and she has since found herself rhyming next to the likes of Kanye West, Jay-Z and Eminem. Her bars in “Monster” brought praise from some of her harshest critics, and Nicki points to her over-animated delivery as the reason why. In an interview with YRB magazine, Nicki called the “Monster” verse her “breakout moment.”
“I held my own and I stayed true to my crazy animation, and it’s like I didn’t have to take my fun stuff out,” she explained. “I was able to incorporate Nicki Minaj on a record with Jay-Z and Kanye West. And I think people know that’s a difficult task in itself.”
After initially telling MTV Eminem wasn’t in love with the song she proposed as a duet, Nicki secured another high-profile collaboration when Slim Shady agreed to appear on a re-worked version of “Roman’s Revenge.”
He’s helped make hits for Beyoncé, Rihanna, and Mariah Carey, and now The-Dream is extending his golden touch to Kim Kardashian. The reality star is reportedly working on an album with the platinum hitmaker.Gucci Mane Arrested!
She may be best known for her famous figure and popular television show, but Kim is ready to put her vocal skills to the test. According to TMZ, the celebutante has stepped into the booth to record her debut album with The-Dream, who’s responsible for some of pop’s biggest hits including “Single Ladies (Put a Ring On It)” and “Umbrella.”
The star of “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” was seen leaving a midtown Manhattan studio just last week. And while it may seem absurd on paper, sources are raving over the results. “Kim’s got a really good voice,” says one person who’s heard the material.
No further details have been announced, but stay tuned to keep up with the singing Kardashian.
This time he is charged with driving on the wrong side of the road, running a red light or stop sign, damage to government property, obstruction, no license, no proof of insurance and other traffic charges, according to APD spokesman Curtis Davenport.----------------
Officers who arrested Mane, who is also known as Radric Davis, Tuesday reportedly had to use pepper spray to subdue him. He was taken first to Grady Memorial Hospital to be checked before he can be transported to the Fulton County Jail.
Mane's arrest comes just a few months after he was he was released from the Fulton County Jail for violating his parole. Records show he has been in the Fulton County Jail at least five times since 2005 on drug, aggravated assault or aggravated assault with a deadly weapon charges.
When he walked out of the jail during the early morning hours on May 12, Mane told reporters, "I have made some mistakes in my life that have hurt a lot of people who care about me.
“I have worked very hard to get past them, but those mistakes have brought me to where I am today, and they will not be repeated. These past six months have been a difficult time, but fortunately I have learned a great deal from my experience. I was able to do a great deal of soul searching; I am coming out with a new attitude towards life."
While he was in jail, he missed the release of his album, "The State vs. Radric Davis," which featured Keyshia Cole, Lil Wayne, Soulja Boy, Keri Hilson and Usher.
Mane bemoaned that he had missed "what should have been one of the proudest moments in my life. This is something that I will make sure never happens again. My time in jail was trying, but I grew from it and am now a stronger and better person. I want to continue on a positive track and truly focus on being a role model to my fans and my community."
Now playing: Ne-Yo - What Have I Done?
via FoxyTunes
Comments