Album Spotlight: Mya - Mya




I was looking earlier at all the album spotlight features done over the last four years; quite a bit. I have to seat and wonder did I cover this album yet or not? Anyway last night I was listening to Mya's first album which was released in 1998. It contains the first single, "It's All About Me" featuring Sisqo. The song samples Art Of Noises' "Moments In Love" which was a big hit as well. The song was an instant favorite of mine when I first heard it. My friend and I were in junior high and we'd always get excited when this song came on.

"Movin' On" featuring Silkk The Shocker was the album's second single followed by "My First Night With You" written by Diane Warren & Babyface. The song was also recorded by Deborah Cox two years earlier.

A lot of the material here is rather mature but Mya pulls it off very convincingly. Some of my favorite songs here are "If You Were Mine", "Don't Be Afraid", "We Gon Make You Dance", "What'cha Say", and many more.

Mya's debut was a hit selling over two million copies. I was just reading yesterday that Mya released a new song overseas in Japan called, "Alive". I guess that is the audience she is catering too now since she'd fallen off here in the states. I actually wouldn't mind seeing her attempt a comeback here in the states. I figured that's what she was going to do after "Dancing With The Stars" but nowadays stars don't take advantage of free publicity like that.

----------------
Now playing: Jackie O - Monkey
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick's Catch Up Interview

Music Feed: Famous Duos

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED