Rah Digga Unveils New Album Cover!

Rah Digga wasted no time in her efforts to put out a new album. "Classic" is her first album in 10 years and its primarily produced by Nottz. The album's first single; "This Ain't No Lil' Kid Rap" hit iTunes a few weeks back. There is no guest appearances on the album. It is strictly Rah Digga and that is certainly something you don't see on rap albums nowadays.

Music Biz:
Amerie Changes Spelling Of Her Name!

If you see Amerie’s name spelled with two Is from now on, that’s not a typo. The “1 Thing” singer has officially changed the spelling of her name.

The Grammy-nominated artist, who now goes by Ameriie, added an I to her name to reflect positive energy. She announced the change to Rap-Up.com last month, but didn’t go public with it until her new Twitter page (@ItsAmeriie) was set up.

Ameriie has been in the studio working on the follow-up to last year’s In Love & War called Cymatika Vol. 1 (note the new spelling), named after the study of visible sound and vibration. “I’m still in the studio right now, so the best thing I can say is it’s a very international, worldly sound,” she told Rap-Up TV.

In addition to changing her name, Ameriie has also become engaged to her longtime manager Lenny Nicholson. The couple is planning to wed in 2011.
I remember Dionne Warwick modifying the spelling of her name through the advice of a psychic. Many years she added an "e" to her last name. Amerie adding an "i" in her same is pretty much the same thing. I hope it works for her.

Kelly Rowland Pushing New Album Back!
It appears that Kelly Rowland needs a bit more time to complete her self-titled Universal/Motown debut. According to the "Commander" singer, "Kelly Rowland," will be coming out later this year.

Originally slated for release September 21, Rowland's new album is now up for a mid-fall release, something she confirmed with the Big Tigger Morning Show (WPGC) this week.

"I'm just making sure everything is going to be absolutely perfect... I'm still recording," Rowland told Big Tigger.

For now, you can enjoy "Commander," which remains in the top 10 on the Billboard Dance/Club Play chart this week.
I guess Kelly and company has to do what is right for her. If they want this album to be a success, she might need to record a little more. So far though everything has been well received with the exception of "Shake Them Haters Off".

----------------
Now playing: Tamia - Officially missing you
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick's Catch Up Interview

Music Feed: Famous Duos

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED