Capone-N-Noreaga - Pain Video

The New York based duo returns with new video and new album; "The War Report 2" in stores tomorrow.



Music Biz:
Khia Bored With Hip-Hop!

“I’m kind of bored with hip-hop. I’ve done everything that I really wanted to do. I’m not really getting into the hip-hop stuff because it’s more about the drama than it is about the talent,” she tells VIBE about going in a new direction musically. “It’s more about the look and the images and all of that instead of about the art and I’m not really into that. I’m trying to do something bigger and better.”

She says her next album, a double disc LP titled Khia Shamone/Motor Mouf (in stores Aug. 22), will reflect her new interest, which is singing, while also staying true to her hardcore Thug Misses roots.

“The new album is half hip-hop and half R&B, with live instrumentation. The Motor Mouf side is kind of a follow up to Nasti Muzik, Thug Misses, Gangstress, Boss Lady⎯really, what the fans are used to,” she says. “I’m also known as Khia Shamone, a lover of music, so I’m introducing them to me as a songstress, I’m singing. I wrote and composed the songs and the band is playing the music live.”

Fantasia Speaks On Record Label Drama!
Admitting that the album stems from over 100 songs that have been recorded over the last three years, Fantasia says "Back To Me" could have been out sooner if she, like other artists, had been allowed to be herself instead of trying to capitalize off what's hot now.

"There's been a lot going on. Different management, different accountants, different lawyers--People trying to switch up the sound. Like if something comes out hot they feel that maybe you should come out with some songs like that, songs that are selling right now instead of letting artists be who they are," Fantasia told Baltimore's 92Q recently. "You know, that's what makes us different. When you hear Mary (J. Blige), you know Mary. When you hear Erykah Badu, you know it's Erykah Badu because they all do their own thing. I just feel like I had so much going on and now I'm back to that young lady that walked on the 'Idol' (American Idol) stage."

As previously reported, Fantasia's next album, "Back To Me," is due in stores August 24.
Personally I think Fantasia is an artist who needs a little direction. It is all fine and dandy to know what you want as an artist. I just feel like if she were more in control of her music we'd get a bunch of songs like "Hood Boy" and to me that was pretty unflattering for her. I know its where she comes from and what not but it wouldn't be a good move. It is nothing wrong with speaking out but she should switch record labels then if its that bad.

----------------
Now playing: Diana Ross - Touch Me In The Morning
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick's Catch Up Interview

Music Feed: Famous Duos

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED