Album Spotlight: Usher - My Way

It wasn't too long ago when I did a spotlight on another Usher album; 'Confessions'. Now I take you all back to 1997 when Usher released his sophomore album; 'My Way'. This was truly the album that put Usher on the map. His self-titled debut was lukewarm and I don't think most people remember it including myself.

I remember over the summer while visiting my father Usher's 'U Make Me Wanna' was all over BET. My old best friend bought this album and one of the most shocking tracks on the album was 'Just Like Me' featuring Lil' Kim. Please understand being 13 at the time and hearing lyrics like Lil' Kim spitting definitely piques your curiosity. The lyrics and verse particularly really standout and it is one of the more explicit songs on the album.

Another favorite song of mine on the album is the ballad; 'Bedtime' produced by Babyface and features background vocals from Shanice Wilson. At that time Shanice was doing background vocals for virtually every artist and I couldn't wait for a new album from her; that's another story though.

Usher came back and rose above many of his male contemporaries producing an album about a guy becoming a man and 'My Way' was that album. The spotlight is on Usher's 'My Way' album; if you haven't heard it; well what are you waiting for?

----------------
Now playing: Jaheim - Heaven In Your Eyes
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards