Album Spotlight: Blu Cantrell - Bittersweet

An old friend of mine was responsible for introducing me to Blu Cantrell. He won me over with her 2001 debut; 'So Blu'. So once her second album; 'Bittersweet' came; I was more than happy to pick it up. It wasn't as well received as her debut album but it did result in a Grammy nomination for Best R&B album. Overseas though the album and subsequent singles really took off.

I feel like this album in particular falls under the category of 'grown folks music' because that's what it is. It's for adults but its also very hip so it would appeal to some younger folks.

Early versions of the album featured a racy interview with Wendy Williams on DVD. Wendy got all up in Blu's business and it was something that Blu later said she regretted doing. I guess I can understand that. I mean it didn't shed her in the best light but it was entertaining all the same.

Some of my favorite songs include the opening song; 'I Love You'; the closing; 'No Place Like Home' and many more.

Blu has a really rich voice that she uses to fine effect. She really captures a certain emotion in each song that people can identify with. If you have not checked out Blu's 'Bittersweet' make sure you do so.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick's Catch Up Interview

Music Feed: Famous Duos

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED