Album Spotlight: Amy Winehouse - Back To Black
When I first got this album; I didn't really listen to it. I didn't give it a chance. Then one night I went ahead and played it and I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was. I thought it was so good; I thought my own mother was deserving of her own copy.
One of my favorite songs on the album is the Caribbean flavored; 'Just Friends' and the melancholy 'Wake Up Alone' and 'Love Is A Losing Game'. I was just listening to 'Wake Up Alone' on YouTube and I was reading the lyrics and I was truly amazed at how deep the songwriting is.
Much of Amy's personal life overshadowed her music and now we all eagerly await her return. I remember someone going as far as to say that "This is the album that Lauryn Hill wish she could make" or something along those lines. What do you think?
----------------
Now playing: Mariah Carey - Candy Bling
via FoxyTunes
Comments