Album Spotlight: Usher - Confessions

It's been almost six long years since Usher released his 10x platinum selling album, 'Confessions'. If you recall the buzz behind 'Confessions' was simply ridiculous. There was the breakup with Chili of TLC. There were the rumors of Usher impregnating some woman. It was all so hard to believe but with an album title like 'Confessions'; something was bound to give.

I admit when 'Confessions' first came out, I didn't give two damns about it. I wasn't up on Usher like that nor was I up on 'Yeah' the buzz single for the album. It wasn't until an old friend of mine talked and he said that 'Confessions' was a good album. And since we have the same taste musically I believed him.

When I say this album is an album for the Spring and Summer; it truly is. Many of the songs give you that Spring/Summer vibe. They are songs you can play loud with your windows down cruising down the highway or on a road trip. I personally like songs and albums like that. I find that I would typically play certain albums on road trips that I may not normally play otherwise. That is not the case with this.

It was mentioned that 'Confessions' is like the 'Thriller' of 2000s because of its mass appeal and its sales. It was revealed that many of the songs on the album were not just about Usher but producer Jermaine Dupri. Crazy huh?
----------------
Now playing: Trey Songz - Successful Ft. Drake
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards