Kid Cudi Close To Releasing Debut Album!
Kid Cudi Talks Debut Album!
At the beginning of the year, Kid Cudi threatened to quit the music industry because "the drama that comes with it is more overwhelming than the shit I was dealing with when I was piss-poor broke," he wrote on his blog. He says he felt pressured to top the success of his introductory single, "Day N Nite," which peaked at No. 3 on the Billboard Hot 100 -- and the expectations weren't helped by reports of a beef with fellow rapper and labelmate Consequence.I'm really looking forward to Kid Cudi's album and I never thought I'd be saying anything like that.
But times have changed. On the eve of the release of his debut album, "Man on the Moon: The End of Day," due Sept. 15 on G.O.O.D./Universal Motown, Cudi, born Scott Mescudi in Cleveland, has made peace with his situation by putting his frustrations down on vinyl.
"Early on, before I even had a deal, before shit was poppin' for me I felt some pressure," Cudi says. "But after people started responding to my mixtape, it made me more confident. When you see you have people supporting you, it makes you comfortable. Fans really helped me open up a lot more than I thought -- they are who really gave me the confidence to do what I do. I could've just made another 'Day N Nite,' but they gave me the confidence to tell my story instead."
Max B Sentenced To Jail!
Rap artist Max B and his stepbrother have been sentenced to lengthy prison terms for a deadly robbery at a northern New Jersey hotel.When will these rappers learn? Better yet when will these musicians learn period. Max B must been on hard times if he has to resort to robbing people and your a musician.
Max B - whose real name is Charly Wingate - was ordered Thursday to serve 75 years. He was convicted in June of felony murder, armed robbery and other offenses in the September 2006 robbery in Fort Lee.
Co-defendant Kelvin Leerdam received a life term plus 35 years after jurors found he fatally shot one of the victims.
Prosecutors say the defendants and Wingate's ex-girlfriend - who took a plea deal and testified against them - plotted to rob two men she had recently met.
Wingate and Leerdam, both from Harlem in New York City, went to the victims' hotel room and demanded money before Leerdam shot one of the men.
Mariah Carey Reveals Album Tracklisting!
Mariah Carey has had quite a few pushbacks with "Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel" but the album is set to go on September 29 and here is the tracklisting below. Below is the deluxe edition of the album with two discs.
Disc 1I can't say I'm too excited about this album then again I never was. I do like "Obsessed" and looking at the track listing we have read about all these songs. I guess we will just have to wait, see, and hear if Mariah wins us over this time.
1. Betcha Gon' Know (the prologue)
2. Obsessed
3. H.A.T.E.U.
4. Candy Bling
5. Ribbon
6. Inseparable
7. Standing O
8. It's A Wrap
9. Up Out My Face
10. Up Out My Face (the reprise)
11. More Than Just Friends
12. The Impossible
13. The Impossible (the reprise)
14. Angel (the prelude)
15. Angels Cry
16. Languishing (the interlude)
17. I Want To Know What Love Is
Disc 2
1. Obsessed - Cahill Radio Mix
2. Obsessed - Seamus Haji & Paul Emanuel Radio Edit
3. Obsessed - Jump Smokers Radio Edit
4. Obsessed - Friscia and Lamboy Radio Mix
5. Obsessed - (Video)
6. Obsessed (Remix) - (Video)
Comments