Drake Upset With His New Record Distribution Deal!

Drake is riding high with multiple hit singles and what not but with that comes a whole lot of problems, obviously. Find out why Drake is upset with his new label distribution deal. Teairra Mari reveals a hidden beef with two singers and Amerie bites the dust again!

Read below for more on these stories!

Drake Faces Label Troubles!
Despite signing his record deal directly through his management, new reports allege that newcomer Drake may be forced against his will to accept distribution for his debut album through Universal Motown.

Reps at Motown are requesting all Drake Billboard chart entries be credited to Motown and not Republic moving forward -- a change that will be reflected in this week's charts.

A source close to Drake says the rapper is signed to Republic, but that Motown will distribute the album, alleging that Motown -- specifically label president Sylvia Rhone -- wants to take "credit for anything involving Drake."

The news isn't expected to be taken well by Drake, who previously attacked both Universal Motown and Rhone in a recent interview with Fader Magazine.

"I went through Universal Republic because I don't fuck with Motown, at all," Drake tells Fader magazine, further confirming his signing to Republic. He further expresses his dislike for Motown, specifically president Sylvia Rhone, on a track titled "Say What's Real" off his "So Far Gone" mixtape, rapping "I've always been something that these labels can't buy / especially if they trying to take a piece of my soul / and Sylvia be telling 'Tez, 'Damn, Drake fly' / and he just be like, 'silly motherfucker, I know."

But a source at Universal says it seems as if Drake's deal with Republic was never finalized before Drake and his camp started confirming it to the media, and that the move to Motown was made last minute. Although the source claims to not know what prompted the move, he/she suggests it may be that due to contractual reasons, Motown gets first dibs on any artist signed to Young Money and Cash Money regardless of the artist's preference.
The same source says Drake's dislike of Rhone stems from an encounter between the two about three years ago. Apparently, before linking with mentor and Young Money labelhead Lil Wayne, Drake had taken a trip to Motown's New York headquarters to audition for Rhone in hopes of getting signed, but Rhone opted to pass on him at the time.
I don't blame Drake for not liking Sylvia Rhone. I don't either. When she was head of Elektra Records, she was notorious for shelving albums(Mya's "Liberation" anyone) and more.

Teairra Mari Dishes The Dirt!
Teairra Mari was on Angela Yee morning show today promoting her single "Automatic" and during the interview, Angela asked her about working with Trey Songz for her upcoming album, "At That Point" and what would Pleasure P think about this. Trey sent a track over to Mari, but haven't got a chance to record it yet.
"They do not get along at all! P and Trey don't like each other and I don't know if P would like if I work with Trey." said Teairra Mari.
Trey Songz has become very cocky lately but some say he's always been like that but who knows. Attitudes like that turn me off real quick and I've been turned off by him a lot lately. I don't have a problem with Pleasure P but I think both men are trying to play up on the role of the "Bad Boy of R&B".

Amerie Pushed Back!
The R&B siren’s fourth album In Love & War has been pushed back to November 3. It was previously scheduled for September 29. A new single, “Heard ’Em All,” was released last week.

Amerie is pleased with the new date. “Very happy w/my album date! Got the one I wanted,” she tweeted. “So I’m officially putting it out there: In Love & War — November 3, a special date…”

Upcoming appearances include the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards (Sept. 13) and VH1 Hip Hop Honors 2009 (Sept. 23).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Feed: Famous Duos

Quick's Catch Up Interview

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED