Music Feed: Missy Elliott's Lost Ones
We all know Missy Elliott as the superproducer who never quite get the credit she deserves. Well today she will get some credit for her outstanding list of "Lost Ones".
Remember that the information here provided is to the best of my knowledge.
Gina Thompson - Missy's first major appearance was on the remix to Gina Thompson's "Things That You Do" remix. Eventually Missy signed Gina to Gold Mind; an imprint of Missy's former label, Elektra Records. Gina's second album was shelved(never released) and Gina suddenly faded into obscurity. Recently I was on one of the message boards I regularly visit and someone posted an album she has out that was on the internet site Amazon.
Lil' Mo - She is perhaps the most successful act of Missy's acts. Lil' Mo carved her own niche as a successful songwriter before becoming a singer. While she has had a little success over the years, Mo's desire to rebel against industry standards left her pigeonholed.
Nicole Wray - She has a cult following online believe it or not. After her second album, "Elektric Blue" was shelved, it seemed like lights were out for Nicole. The singer rebounded back with a label deal through music mogul Dame Dash's label but it was shortlived. Now the singer, labelless, still manages to record and release music independently.
Torrey Carter - I don't know how many people truly remember Torrey. He had a song with Missy Elliott called, "Take That". I remember BET always playing it. I can't remember if an album was ever released from here.(I guess I could of found of before I typed this huh?)
Tweet - Tweet enjoyed a little success with her debut single, "Oops(Oh My)" and later "Call Me". Tweet's second album, "It's Me Again" didn't live up to the hype and Tweet eventually was dropped from Elektra Records. Tweet rebounded with a deal with Umbrella Records that has yet to materialize any new music.
Jessica - Can you remember when Missy had that reality show on UPN, now the CW network. She was looking for the next big thing. I didn't watch the show but the show's winner was singer Jessica. She was said to had a prior record deal and was rumored to be a lesbian.
Mocha - Mocha was a female rapper who appeared on many of Missy's, Timbaland's, and other artists they produced songs. I remember her being featured on Total's "Kima, Keisha, Pam" album if I'm not mistaken. Her flow and style was somewhat like Missy's but her voice was cartoonish and Mafia-ish(if that makes sense). I couldn't think of any other way to describe it.
Comments