Artist Spotlight: Sterling Simms

This Philadelphia native first caught our attention via Jay-Z on his "Dig A Hole" song from his "Kingdom Come" album. The appearance set the stage for Sterling Simms' debut album, "Yours, Mine, and The Truth". The album is somewhat of a concept album(if you would like to refer to it as such). The album plays on three different sides hence the title, "Yours, Mine, and The Truth". Sterling explains he had just gotten out of a relationship and that the album is based on that. Sterling has released a couple of singles that failed to resonate with radio, "Jump Off" featuring Sean Paul of the Youngbloodz and "Nasty Girl"(which is one of my favorites). Now with the release of his latest single, "All I Need"(also recorded by Lloyd) featuring The-Dream & Jadakiss, Sterling is poised to become the next big thing in R&B. With a voice similar to Usher and a swagger like Lil' Wayne, Sterling is not your typical R&B singer. Yes he may sing about the same subject matter but seeing him in interviews, he comes across like a rapper(which explains my Lil' Wayne comparison). His new album, "Yours, Mine, and The Truth" has become one of my favorites and could possibly make my year end 2009 list. You can check out Sterling's latest single below! Enjoy!

Audio: All I Need feat The-Dream & Jadakiss
Produced by Tricky Stewart & The-Dream!


Comments

Anonymous said…
I liked it...great post!

I just got Syleena Johnson's new album Chapter 4: Labor Pains from itunes and its off the chain! Support R&B's Best Kept Secret and cop that album!
Anonymous said…
yea I agree on that Syleena Johnson Album. That Chapter 4 is the truth!! MY NEW WORKOUT CD!!:)FROM BEGINNING TO END.
Anonymous said…
Stop spamming!


The entire sterling album is on imeem:

http://www.imeem.com/sterlingsimms

Popular posts from this blog

Quick's Catch Up Interview

Music Feed: Famous Duos

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED