Mariah's Fire, Pretty Ricky's Pushback, T.I.
Mariah Carey is said to have let go of famous manager Benny Medina. If you know of Medina he has aided the careers of Will Smith and Usher. It is said that Mariah was unhappy with Medina possibly reforming with JLO and her latest album, "E=MC2" only going platinum. "E=MC2" sucked badly and the choice of singles certainly didn't help things. Of course it was granted that this album was not going to be like "TEOM". I was thinking it would be somewhat close given the title and being that Mariah didn't rush release it like the label originally wanted.
Pretty Ricky's new album, "80s Babies" has been pushed back to October 14. The album was originally scheduled to drop on September 23. The album is preceded by the singles, "Cuddle Up" featuring Butta Creme and "Knockin Da Boots"(a cover of the H-Town classic). If you ever notice most major label artists don't release an album behind a single if it underperforms. Labels usually want to launch an album behind a successful single in hopes that sales will be healthy and steady throughout the album's initial run.
Jon B. will release his new album, "Hopeless Romantic" on October 28. The album is preceded by the singles, "So Sexy" featuring Paul Wall and "Its On". I'm actually looking forward to this album. You will see more about my feelings regarding this album in a planned post I have coming up.
Avant is releasing his new album, "Avant" on October 28. The album is preceded by first single, "When It Hurts". The album sports collaborations from Mr. Collipark, Trackmasters, and Snoop Dogg.
Billboard Update: T.I.'s "Whatever U Like" is #1 for a 3rd week on the Hot 100 and Jazmine Sullivan's "Need U Bad" is #1 for a 3rd week(I think) on the R&B/Hip-Hop charts.
Look for the new Q-Tip album, "The Renaissance" to drop on November 4. The album is preceded by first single, "Gettin' Up".
Comments