The Daily Roundup: Lil' Wayne Speaks
Blame the countless mixtapes and guest appearances for Lil' Wayne pushing back his "The Carter 3" album. The last reported release date was March 18. Now the popular rapper claims to be taking his time with this upcoming album. Meanwhile first single, "Lollipop" featuring Static will be released shortly. Guests and production comes in the form of Jibbs, Lil' Mama, Hurricane Chris, and Cool & Dre. Yes! It is nice to be in demand but that comes with a price. Though his album is very anticipated he was becoming a bit overexposed to me. I remember when Lil' Kim was all over the place media and flesh wise before "The Notorious K.I.M." was released. When her album finally did come out, it was a total let down for fans. I'm not saying the same thing will happen to Wayne but it could. Since he is taking his time though that is a good thing and means he is trying to delivery quality over quantity.
Troubled rapper Foxy Brown has pushed back her "Brooklyn's Don Diva" album until she gets out of jail. Her manager Chaz Williams claims she is getting out in April but I will believe it when I see it. Foxy was sentenced to a year in prison back in September 2007 and was recently denied an early release to repair her failed hearing while in jail. Foxy has had 3 albums that has been pushed back consistently and never released. This is a pattern I am sick of seeing. I hope when she does get out of jail she will get herself together for real!
American Idol judges Paula Abdul and Randy Jackson are scheduled to perform the new single, "Dance Like There's No Tomorrow" at this weekend's Super Bowl. Paula promised that there would be a surprise during the performance. I hope Randy doesn't rip off Paula's bra a la another infamous Super Bowl performance. In other news the singer/choreographer will release her first solo album in 13 years. Wow! Way to go Paula!
TV personality Star Jones' "The Star Jones Show" has just got the axe from the TruTV lineup. I actually use to watch the show in its beginning stages then I got bored with it. The show ran for six months but due to dismal ratings and a reshuffle of the newly named network (formerly Court TV), "The Star Jones Show" was left on the cutting room floor. Jones will however be featured as a correspondent for the continuing trial coverages the network oh so diligently covers.
Troubled singer Amy Winehouse was rushed to hospital following a dehydration ordeal. The singer is currently in rehab cleaning herself up for next week's Grammy ceremony. Thank goodness! I'm tired of hearing about Amy Winehouse and Britney Spears for that matter. Get it together ladies!
R&B singer J. Holiday is celebrating the gold (500,000 copies sold or shipped to retailers) success of his debut album, "Bac Of My Lac" which is a really good album by the way (in my opinion). To celebrate the occassion, the album is being re-released on Feb 5 as a deluxe version with 3 new tracks and bonus footage. Platinum here he comes ey!
Comments