Who "Used To Look Cute" to 50 Cent?
There is sad news today in the world of Hip-hop as one half of the popular duo, UGK member Pimp C was found dead in bed at a Hollywood Hotel. The story is still developing at presstime.
The sad news for Hip-hop doesn't stop as rapper Spice 1 was shot while sleeping in his car. The rapper was asleep in his car in the driveway of his car when he realized someone was standing outside the car. The assailant struck Spice 1 in the chest and fled the scene. The rapper is now listed in critical condition. My thing is what was he doing in his car sleep? When I first read the headline, I assumed he was on the streets or something but no he was in the driveway of his house. I hope this will teach Spice 1 to sleep in your house from now on. Even though your no safer in your house than you are outside, you are a bit more safer in the house. Get well!
Solange will release her new album, "Just What I Want" next year and it features guest appearances from Cee-Lo, Bilal, Lil' Wayne, Floetry's Marsha, and Q-Tip. I'm actually looking forward to Solange's album. If I'm not mistaken you can expect a cross between Erykah Badu and Kelis. I bet that's the sound she's going for based on what I heard previously.
50 Cent is never one to bite his tongue especially if the subject is Hip-hop. He recently spoke about Diddy and how Diddy "used to look cute"! Now he says the bloggers have made Diddy feel he is unattractive so that's why he is always wearing shades. 50 went on to talk mo shit but I think that covers the basics for now. I just thought this piece of news was worth sharing.
I get tired of people saying Ashanti can't sing. No! She isn't the best singer but she is pretty decent in my opinion. I just feel like why did it take so many people to realize someone couldn't sing until they released their second album. The first album everyone was riding with her and said no such thing but then I guess people finally came to the realization that she couldn't sing. I remember how Ashanti had all this hype at the beginning of her career. Now it is like people don't like her or says she can't sing. I think people should stop hyping these artists up so much only to later tear them down.
It's that time of the year again for the 50th Annual Grammy Nominations to be announced Thurs. Dec. 6th. The Grammy Awards ceremony will take place on February 10, 2008. I'm always excited about the Grammy nominations when they come around since it is one of the more coveted awards to be received in music. I don't however look forward to the show because a lot of the urban categories are never televised. It seems like the last few years particularly a lot of urban acts rule the main categories but the show has become more of a performance showcase than an actual award ceremony.
News Tidbits:
Mary J. Blige's "Growing Pains" album has leaked but you won't find it here.
Chingy's "Hate It Or Love It" album has been pushed back to Dec 18th.
Jay Z turns 38 today! Happy Birthday Hova!
Comments
That Spice 1 story - wtf was he doing on his driveway asleep in his car and why did someone randomly shoot him? Weird!