Album Spotlight: Missy Elliott - Da Real World

Originally "Da Real World" was named after Missy's first single; "She's A Bitch" but Missy opted for a different title in order to not promote a bad message. "Da Real World" is easily one of my favorite Missy Elliott albums. I think out of all her albums; this one really gives a futuristic feel thanks to Timbaland's production. It should be noted that the production here is a little darker and thematic.

Missy has a lot of guest artists on this album but she remains the star on this album. She is never overwhelmed or outdone by the guests here. Each Missy album has always been notorious for featuring the hottest artists[at the time] on her albums including Eminem who appears on "Bust A Rhyme".

I remember the summer this album came out and my sister bought it. Listening to the album then; I realized what a great album it was. I would eventually purchase my own copy of this album and its one of the many in my collection. I haven't played this album in awhile and with the weather being so nice; I'm thinking about giving this album a much needed spin.

I think if you are interested in becoming familiar with Missy Elliott's music catalog; "Da Real World" is a great album to start with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards