Mary J. Blige Teams With Chris Brown For New Album!

Hello all! I hope you all are enjoying your Monday, I am. I am currently watching "The Wendy Williams Show" which is my new addiction.

Here is some music news for the music news obsessed!

Mary J. Blige Preps Stronger Album!
What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger. Mary J. Blige has been through the storm and is singing about it on her new album.

The Queen of Hip-Hop Soul will release her 9th studio album Stronger on November 24. The first single, “The One,” features Drake and can be seen in a new AT&T ad airing now.

“The album represents who and what I am right now,” MJB said on set of the commercial. “I’m a stronger human being after all the growing pains. It’s about life, love, change, strength—mostly really knowing who you are and being confident in that.”

The follow-up single will be the title track, “Stronger,” which can also be found on the soundtrack to More Than a Game. The documentary about NBA star LeBron James’ high school days in Akron, Ohio, opens October 2 in select theaters, while the soundtrack arrives September 22.

A version of “Stronger” featuring vocals from Chris Brown leaked last month.
After Mary J. Blige appeared on "The Jimmy Fallon Show" last month, she did an impromptu performance that just made me so ready for a new album. So I can't wait for this new album. I hope it is really as good as the leaks that have leaked so far.

Mariah Carey Plugs New Album!
"I worked a lot with Tricky and Dream." revealed Carey "I worked with JD again. I always love working with Jermaine. Everytime it's just like it reminds me of the first time we worked together which was "Always Be My Baby." It's just like you can't... once you do a song like that and you have it forever it's like you want to just continue to try to re-create that magic. And so that's what we do."

"I [also] worked with Timbaland for the first time." the diva continued "That was really... I mean, I'm a fan of Timbaland's so I enjoyed it. It hasn't been mixed yet but I think it's really cool. And I worked with Big Jim Wright who worked with Sounds of Blackness a lot. So there's live feeling songs on the album. A lot of my fans are like, since I've been twittering a lot, "We want some live sounding stuff," "We want some stuff like this, we want stuff like that," and so you have to find that middle ground."

Mariah's new album "Memoirs Of An Imperfect Angel" is due out on September 15th after being pushed back from it's original release date of August 24th. The lead single "Obsessed" is currently at #20 on the Billboard Hot 100
You can expect Mariah to thrill us with her studio voice wizardry. Her live performances have sucked over the last few years. I hope she pulls it together once she starts performing live for this album.

Mariah Does MTV Video Music Music Awards!
Mariah Carey will join the line-up at the 2009 MTV Video Music Awards.

The “Obsessed” singer is set to take the stage at this year’s show, an insider exclusively reveals to Rap-Up.com. The 26th annual event will air September 13 from Radio City Music Hall in New York City.

The appearance comes on the heels of Mariah’s new album, Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel, scheduled for release two days later on September 15. The last time she performed at the VMAs was in 2005 when the show was held in Miami.
Well here you go! One of Mariah's many performances for the new album. I hope she can pull it off. We all know her last performance for the Michael Jackson memorial was atrocious.
----------------
Now playing: Ashanti - Things You Make Me Do (Feat. Robin Thicke) (Produced By Channel 7)
via FoxyTunes

Comments

mary you are farrrr too good for this.....stop stooping for hits...thats mariahs thing!

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards