Remy Ma wins big at BET Awards

Remy Ma took home the award for Best Female Rapper last night at the BET awards breaking Nicki Minaj's 7 year streak! Remy definitely deserved the honor in my opinion. Someone pointed out the fact that Remy was the only nominee that actually released an album this year(her joint album with Fat Joe) which I didn't even realize. Female rappers have no problems putting out songs or getting on features but putting out albums is a totally different story. Congrats to Remy Ma for her win! Now as far as the BET awards is concerned, I was not home to watch the telecast as I was out being social. I did however had the ability to capture the most talked about moments and performances thanks to social media. One of the highlights of the night based on my seeings was the reunion of famed R&B group Xscape who sang a medley of their hits. Bruno Mars opened the show. Future and Kendrick Lamar performed the remix to "Mask Off". French Montana performed his hit single, "Unforgettable" with Swae Lee(and the performance of the song left many baffled). Care to explain French? Solange won an award. Chris Brown almost got into a fight with Migos after the award show. One of the Migos member just so happens to date Brown's ex, Karrueche Tran. Speaking of Migos, they won the award for Best Group. No surprise there. Before the award festivities, rapper Joe Budden(song: "Pump It Up") and DJ Akademics interviewed Migos and DJ Akademics questions and Joe Budden's sudden storm off during the interview prompted the Migos members to stand up and approach Joe Budden. Boy oh boy! What a night! Tamar Braxton performed her single, "My Man" and people said she lip synced. After the accusations, Tamar put out a video of her belting the song out so I'm not sure why people thought that cause I haven't seen the performance. Maybe it was just her dramatics that made people think that. New Edition performed and Ralph Tresvant didn't look so good(based on me seeing him in the audience). Mary J. Blige performed and looked really good but her ex- Kendu Issaces was not happy and took to social media. Taraji P. Henson(Cookie on "Empire") won for Best Actress. I will have to watch the whole telecast to see what I missed. I'm surprised BET is not airing the award show today for those who missed it last night. I went to look at the show schedule today and I saw no mention of the awards re-airing today. Instead I saw a lineup of reruns of our favorite 90s sitcoms and that's cool too I guess.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards