Mobb Deep member Prodigy dead at age 42

Yesterday the news of Mobb Deep rapper, Prodigy's passing sent shockwaves through the music industry and on social media. Prodigy was 42 and had a lifelong battle with sickle cell anemia. Prodigy had been on tour before falling ill and took a few days off to recover. TV show host, Wendy Williams spoke on the late rapper today and revealed how he was supposed to perform at her Block Party next month. She also said that she ran into him two months prior on the street. R.I.P. Prodigy. One of Prodigy's former nemesis, Jay-Z has not only added the "hyphen" back to his name but has revealed that he will release his new album, "4:44" on June 30 via TIDAL and Sprint. The first song, "Adnis" is about his father and their estranged relationship. I haven't heard the song and as for the album I'm sure we can expect a collaboration with his wife, Beyoncé. Are you looking forward to Jay-Z's new album? In other music news..Keyshia Cole is joining "Love & Hip Hop Hollywood" as well as singer Brooke Valentine(song: "Girlfight")(I think I may of reported this on a past post but I can't remember and didn't feel like going back to look). The new season starts on July 24 on VH1. Xscape, Mary J. Blige, Maxwell, New Edition, Bruno Mars and more are just some of the artists that you will see perform at the BET Awards airing this Sunday June 27. Will you be watching? I know I'm not that excited about the awards but I would like to see Xscape perform.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards

Cardi B. hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow"

Beyonce & Jay Z Confirm Tour