Beyoncé called out by Carlos Santana
- So..the Grammys were Sunday and I watched bits and pieces of the telecast. The Grammys were on the same time as "RHOA" so that had my attention. I did see Chance The Rapper win for Best New Artist. I saw the tail end of Beyoncé's performance which had everyone talking...of course. As for the winners, Beyoncé won for Best Urban Contemporary Album. Adele won in the major categories like Album Of the Year etc. I would say Rihanna was the best dressed and she gave 0 fucks in the audience as she was seen blowing kisses to Beyoncé and drinking from a flask. I do admire that about Rihanna that she is so badass and she give 0 fucks. Other winners included Drake for "Hotline Bling" and Solange for "Cranes In the Sky".
- Sunday saw the release of several of Prince's catalog released to several streaming services like Spotify and Apple Music. Princes' catalog was previously already available on Tidal music. I was glad to hear this because I could finally download my favorite Prince song, "Scandalous" back to my phone. Now if Aaliyah's catalog will finally be released to streaming music and stay there. One can only hope.
- Carlos Santana, the famous guitarist is under fire for comments about Beyoncé. He likened Adele to a being more that of a real singer and Beyoncé's music was more for modeling. The comment didn't sit well with Beyoncé's fans and in typical fashion, they went in. Now I wasn't fortunate to see the awful things they said of Mr. Santana but I can only imagine.
- VH1's "Hip Hop Squares" will air this March.
- Future will release his new self-titled album on February 17.
- Nick Cannon quits NBC's "America's Got Talent".
- Mariah Carey's "I Don't" single debuts at #89 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- Katy Perry under fire for shading Britney Spears with "shaving head" comments.