Skip to main content

Billboard Awards 2016 recap so far and Tamar Braxton fired from "The Real"

The Billboard Awards are going on as I type this. With that being said, I will give a brief recap of what has occurred so far. The award show, hosted by Ciara and Ludacris opened with a performance from Britney Spears. She performed a medley of her hits including "Toxic" and "I'm a Slave 4 U". The Weeknd won for Hot 100 Artist. Wiz Khalifa won for his "Furious 7" song, can't remember the name of it. Fifth Harmony performed, "Work From Home". Meghan Trainor performed, "No". Oh yeah, Justin Beiber also performed. :( Nick Jonas performed and Shawn Mendes. Presenters included DJ Khaled, Kelly Rowland, Keke Palmer, Heidi Klum, Michael Strahan, etc. At this point I'm pretty much just waiting on the Prince tribute. In other music news, Tamar Braxton was reportedly let go from "The Real", the daytime talk show she hosted along with 4 other women including singer Adrienne Bailon. Tamar posted a cryptic message on social media about betrayal and that's when word broke out. Tamar didn't confirm the news but it was confirmed this morning(Sunday) saying both parties agreed to separate. There are also reports saying that the other "Real" hosts were blindsided by the firing. Tamar reportedly unfollowed several of the women on the show as well. There is no word on the exact cause of Tamar being let go but let the bloggers tell it, there was much brewing behind the scenes. Actually I read a few days prior to this happening that there was going to be a shakeup on the show and I see they were right. They definitely have the tea. Well until next time folks! For more music news, gossip, rumors, and my personal commentary, check back again! Thanks for reading! :)
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Album Spotlight: Ne-Yo - In My Own Words

It's probably starting to look like a Ne-Yo fan site here with all the recent posts mentioning him; but I assure you it is not. The hype behind Ne-Yo's debut album; "In My Own Words" reached a fever pitch thanks to the debut single; "So Sick". The song was a huge success including its singles; "Sexy Love", "When Ur Mad" and more.

Ne-Yo definitely plays up on his buzz by writing and producing many of the tracks. This album would lead to Ne-Yo being a very sought after songwriter and producer. It is the album of his I favor the most. I think as he progressed as an artist; I somewhat lost interest.

----------------
Now playing: Trina - I Want It All (ft. Monica)
via FoxyTunes

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

You all, my readers, my visitors; my supporters; you have made this post one of the most successful posts on my blog. I kept wondering what it was about this post, that made it so successful; one word: JANET! The fact that Janet has new music on the way makes this post even more of a hot topic. As its been said before, no one sings about sex quite like Janet Jackson. Her songs, ooze with the right amount of sexuality perfect for a night of steamy sex. Take a look back at a number of songs Janet is responsible for delivering her in trademark breathy delivery. I took the liberty of adding a few other songs that didn't make the list before. 

"Warmth"
This song begins with echos of Janet saying "...in my mouth". By then you should already know what this song is about. Janet sings about the "warmth" of her mouth and how she pleases her lover; Jermaine Dupri at the time. This is a very sensual song and it is one of the most explicit Janet has ever recorded …

Album Spotlight: Beyonce - Dangerously In Love

If you were in love in 2003, it wasn't official unless you were living "Dangerously In Love". It was the title of Beyonce's 2003 breakthrough solo album which spawned the singles, "Crazy In Love" featuring Jay-Z, "Baby Boy" featuring Sean Paul, "Me, Myself, and I", and the title track. The album would serve as a precursor of what was to come from this bonafide superstar. Unlike her later albums, "Dangerously" was deep-rooted in southern soul and R&B melodies. This album also showed a more gentler, sultry, and relaxed(voice wise) Beyonce. As opposed to the last few years her style has been more abrasive and in your face. Never one to be outdone, Beyonce was set to release a follow-up to this album titled, "Dangerously In Love 2" featuring unreleased songs but it didn't happen. From the seductive "Speechless" to the cautionary tale of "Me, Myself, and I", "Dangerously In Love" is m…