Skip to main content

kanye acts a fool and snoop blasts grammys and missy back in the studio

So Kanye West has everyone talking again like he tends to do. This time people are outraged over his behavior at the Grammy awards telecast. When it came time to reveal the winner of Album of the Year, the winner was Beck(song: Loser). I personally hadn't heard Beck's album but I do know who he is. I can't remember who else was nominated besides Beyonce, who many thought was a shoe in for the coveted award. And that's what this is all about. Kanye started to storm the Grammy stage similar to how he did many years ago at the MTV awards, but he sat down before entirely gracing the stage. At the time the gesture was funny but now people are outraged and upset at Kanye and also people are livid over Beyonce's fans, the Beyhive for posting petitions and all that other jargon. I mean after all it is the Beyhive so what do you expect? The Beyhive rides hard for Beyonce. I will say I feel that Beyonce did deserve to win. Her album, upon its release was very successful and it had everyone talking. To me that cements what an album of the year should be. But Beyonce didn't go home empty handed. She won for Best R&B Song and Best R&B/Hip Hop Performance for Drunk In Love with her husband Jay Z. She also performed. But back to Kanye? What did you think about his behavior this year at the Grammys? Was it inappropriate for Kanye to grace the stage or have we come to expect ignorant behavior from him? Speaking of the Grammys, they are being called out by Snoop Dogg who says "real emcees" need an award show because they are not truly represented. I always had a problem with how Grammy never televises that many of the black music categories. As black people we want to see us being recognized for our contribution in music since we contribute so much to music anyway. Trey Songz also had some things to say about the Grammy's but mainly because he wasn't nominated for any. But that's cool Trey I'm sure you will clean up at the BET awards. Still in awe over Missy Elliott gracing the Super Bowl stage a week ago? Well the rapper is back in the studio with Timbaland. I definitely feel like Missy should be capitalizing off of this buzz and renewed interest in her. Besides we need more female rappers out, the more the better. You all ready for some new music from Missy? I know I am.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Album Spotlight: Ne-Yo - In My Own Words

It's probably starting to look like a Ne-Yo fan site here with all the recent posts mentioning him; but I assure you it is not. The hype behind Ne-Yo's debut album; "In My Own Words" reached a fever pitch thanks to the debut single; "So Sick". The song was a huge success including its singles; "Sexy Love", "When Ur Mad" and more.

Ne-Yo definitely plays up on his buzz by writing and producing many of the tracks. This album would lead to Ne-Yo being a very sought after songwriter and producer. It is the album of his I favor the most. I think as he progressed as an artist; I somewhat lost interest.

----------------
Now playing: Trina - I Want It All (ft. Monica)
via FoxyTunes

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

You all, my readers, my visitors; my supporters; you have made this post one of the most successful posts on my blog. I kept wondering what it was about this post, that made it so successful; one word: JANET! The fact that Janet has new music on the way makes this post even more of a hot topic. As its been said before, no one sings about sex quite like Janet Jackson. Her songs, ooze with the right amount of sexuality perfect for a night of steamy sex. Take a look back at a number of songs Janet is responsible for delivering her in trademark breathy delivery. I took the liberty of adding a few other songs that didn't make the list before. 

"Warmth"
This song begins with echos of Janet saying "...in my mouth". By then you should already know what this song is about. Janet sings about the "warmth" of her mouth and how she pleases her lover; Jermaine Dupri at the time. This is a very sensual song and it is one of the most explicit Janet has ever recorded …

Album Spotlight: Beyonce - Dangerously In Love

If you were in love in 2003, it wasn't official unless you were living "Dangerously In Love". It was the title of Beyonce's 2003 breakthrough solo album which spawned the singles, "Crazy In Love" featuring Jay-Z, "Baby Boy" featuring Sean Paul, "Me, Myself, and I", and the title track. The album would serve as a precursor of what was to come from this bonafide superstar. Unlike her later albums, "Dangerously" was deep-rooted in southern soul and R&B melodies. This album also showed a more gentler, sultry, and relaxed(voice wise) Beyonce. As opposed to the last few years her style has been more abrasive and in your face. Never one to be outdone, Beyonce was set to release a follow-up to this album titled, "Dangerously In Love 2" featuring unreleased songs but it didn't happen. From the seductive "Speechless" to the cautionary tale of "Me, Myself, and I", "Dangerously In Love" is m…