Skip to main content

Keri Hilson To Release New Album, Alicia Keys To Release New Single

Hey everyone! I got music news for you of course. Feast below!

In the world of new album news...

Ms. Keri "Baby" Hilson has a new album in the works and the album's first single is said to debut in two weeks. The first single will be produced by Timbaland(who handled the bulk of the production) along with Polow Da Don.

I've never been a big Keri Hilson fan but her first album In A Perfect World... has some nice cuts on it. The last few years for Keri has been pretty tough. She faced backlash for the last couple of years and I think she is ready to finally move past all the drama.

In the world of new single releases...

I mentioned a day or so ago about a new album from India.Arie titled Songversations. Now I have a release date for June 25.

Alicia Keys has been riding high with the release of her album and single Girl On Fire. Now the singer has revealed her third single as Fire We Make featuring Maxwell.

Fire We Make is a very likable song and I'm glad to see the song getting the single treatment.

The-Dream has revealed that his new album 4 Play will be released on May 28. The album features the first single Slow It Down featuring Fabolous. The video will premiere on April 2.

The-Dream hasn't had much success lately as a solo artist and probably not since his first album release. I can't even remember how long ago that was. I give him credit though for continuing to push on as a solo act even though I think its time he resort back to producing full time. Just my opinion.

You all have a great night!

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Album Spotlight: Ne-Yo - In My Own Words

It's probably starting to look like a Ne-Yo fan site here with all the recent posts mentioning him; but I assure you it is not. The hype behind Ne-Yo's debut album; "In My Own Words" reached a fever pitch thanks to the debut single; "So Sick". The song was a huge success including its singles; "Sexy Love", "When Ur Mad" and more.

Ne-Yo definitely plays up on his buzz by writing and producing many of the tracks. This album would lead to Ne-Yo being a very sought after songwriter and producer. It is the album of his I favor the most. I think as he progressed as an artist; I somewhat lost interest.

----------------
Now playing: Trina - I Want It All (ft. Monica)
via FoxyTunes

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

You all, my readers, my visitors; my supporters; you have made this post one of the most successful posts on my blog. I kept wondering what it was about this post, that made it so successful; one word: JANET! The fact that Janet has new music on the way makes this post even more of a hot topic. As its been said before, no one sings about sex quite like Janet Jackson. Her songs, ooze with the right amount of sexuality perfect for a night of steamy sex. Take a look back at a number of songs Janet is responsible for delivering her in trademark breathy delivery. I took the liberty of adding a few other songs that didn't make the list before. 

"Warmth"
This song begins with echos of Janet saying "...in my mouth". By then you should already know what this song is about. Janet sings about the "warmth" of her mouth and how she pleases her lover; Jermaine Dupri at the time. This is a very sensual song and it is one of the most explicit Janet has ever recorded …

Album Spotlight: Beyonce - Dangerously In Love

If you were in love in 2003, it wasn't official unless you were living "Dangerously In Love". It was the title of Beyonce's 2003 breakthrough solo album which spawned the singles, "Crazy In Love" featuring Jay-Z, "Baby Boy" featuring Sean Paul, "Me, Myself, and I", and the title track. The album would serve as a precursor of what was to come from this bonafide superstar. Unlike her later albums, "Dangerously" was deep-rooted in southern soul and R&B melodies. This album also showed a more gentler, sultry, and relaxed(voice wise) Beyonce. As opposed to the last few years her style has been more abrasive and in your face. Never one to be outdone, Beyonce was set to release a follow-up to this album titled, "Dangerously In Love 2" featuring unreleased songs but it didn't happen. From the seductive "Speechless" to the cautionary tale of "Me, Myself, and I", "Dangerously In Love" is m…