Nicki Minaj Wanted Lauryn Hill For Her New Album

It doesn't come as a surprise to me that Nicki Minaj wanted the ever reclusive; Lauryn Hill on her new album; "Roman Reloaded" in stores and online now! I mean Lauryn is many people's dream collaborator so like I said its not surprising. Find out what Nicki Minaj had to say about her female counterparts past and present as well as landing Nas on her album!

Nicki Minaj collaborated with everyone from Nas to Beenie Man on her star-studded album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, but there was one elusive artist she was unable to land.

The “Starships” hitmaker revealed that she wanted Lauryn Hill on “Champion,” the hip-hop-heavy cut off her sophomore set featuring Nas, Drake, and Young Jeezy. “I wanted to get her on ‘Champion’,” she told Funkmaster Flex. “That would have been crazy, right? She was my fave.”

While the two have yet to meet, Nicki has nothing but respect for the Fugees frontwoman. “Lauryn to me was the goddess,” she continued. “I’d love to meet her. I’m pretty sure she’s heard me talk about her a billion times.”

She also gave props to other female lyricists including Remy Ma. “Remy at one time brought back this energy that was almost palpable,” she said of the incarcerated MC. “When the ‘Ante Up’ verse came out, if you ain’t know her, you knew her then.”

Foxy Brown was another one of her influences. “She was one of my faves. I had connected with her a lot just because she’s Trini and I’m Trini, and I always thought if I meet her, she would understand me. Foxy Brown was my friend in my head.”

In addition, she shouted out MC Lyte, Queen Latifah, Left Eye, Missy Elliott, and Da Brat during the interview.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards