Skip to main content

Usher Urges People To Stop Buying Adele's Album

Though its said to be a joke; Usher is worried the famed singer will break his record breaking album; "Confessions" which has sold in excess of 9 million copies alone in the US. Read more below:

Usher has jokingly urged people to stop buying Adele's album.

The US singer's 2004 LP Confessions is currently the best-selling album of the 2000s, although Adele is now close to breaking that record with 21.

"If I have to confess, I have to confess that I have told a few people not to go and buy Adele's album because I don't want her to go and break my record," Usher told the Capital Breakfast Show with Dave Berry & Lisa Snowdon.

"No actually, I love her. Unfortunately, she's the closest to breaking my record for the last ten years. So now guys, don't go and buy that album right now."

The singer is currently promoting his upcoming seventh studio LP, with the lead single 'Climax' to be released on April 16.

Usher also confirmed that he will be collaborating with Labrinth for his new album. He revealed that he is a fan of Labrinth and seized the opportunity to get to know the British musician during his tour with rapper Tinie Tempah.
I'm not sure when Usher's new album is coming out but I'm hoping its hot. Usher is usually pretty consistent album wise so I'm sure I won't be let down. "Climax" is one of my favorite songs right now so its only right that I'm anticipating his upcoming album.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Album Spotlight: Ne-Yo - In My Own Words

It's probably starting to look like a Ne-Yo fan site here with all the recent posts mentioning him; but I assure you it is not. The hype behind Ne-Yo's debut album; "In My Own Words" reached a fever pitch thanks to the debut single; "So Sick". The song was a huge success including its singles; "Sexy Love", "When Ur Mad" and more.

Ne-Yo definitely plays up on his buzz by writing and producing many of the tracks. This album would lead to Ne-Yo being a very sought after songwriter and producer. It is the album of his I favor the most. I think as he progressed as an artist; I somewhat lost interest.

----------------
Now playing: Trina - I Want It All (ft. Monica)
via FoxyTunes

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

You all, my readers, my visitors; my supporters; you have made this post one of the most successful posts on my blog. I kept wondering what it was about this post, that made it so successful; one word: JANET! The fact that Janet has new music on the way makes this post even more of a hot topic. As its been said before, no one sings about sex quite like Janet Jackson. Her songs, ooze with the right amount of sexuality perfect for a night of steamy sex. Take a look back at a number of songs Janet is responsible for delivering her in trademark breathy delivery. I took the liberty of adding a few other songs that didn't make the list before. 

"Warmth"
This song begins with echos of Janet saying "...in my mouth". By then you should already know what this song is about. Janet sings about the "warmth" of her mouth and how she pleases her lover; Jermaine Dupri at the time. This is a very sensual song and it is one of the most explicit Janet has ever recorded …

Album Spotlight: Beyonce - Dangerously In Love

If you were in love in 2003, it wasn't official unless you were living "Dangerously In Love". It was the title of Beyonce's 2003 breakthrough solo album which spawned the singles, "Crazy In Love" featuring Jay-Z, "Baby Boy" featuring Sean Paul, "Me, Myself, and I", and the title track. The album would serve as a precursor of what was to come from this bonafide superstar. Unlike her later albums, "Dangerously" was deep-rooted in southern soul and R&B melodies. This album also showed a more gentler, sultry, and relaxed(voice wise) Beyonce. As opposed to the last few years her style has been more abrasive and in your face. Never one to be outdone, Beyonce was set to release a follow-up to this album titled, "Dangerously In Love 2" featuring unreleased songs but it didn't happen. From the seductive "Speechless" to the cautionary tale of "Me, Myself, and I", "Dangerously In Love" is m…