Mr. Mister

When you've written a blog for six years; you do forget some of the topics you cover especially when their ones that you've made up yourself. Something tells me I may of done a blog about this before but I didn't really feel like researching to find out.

I'm blogging today about songs that contain the title; "Mr." in it. Mary J. Blige's new single; "Mr. Wrong" is the inspiration behind this blog and it just happens to be one of my favorite songs out right now.

Check out the list of songs that I compiled that feature the word "Mr.". Happy reading!

Mr. Cool - Tamia Featuring Mario Winans
For Tamia's third album; "More"; Tamia hooked up with producer/singer Mario Winans who crafted this cool breezy cut which is a favorite of mine.

Mr. Wendal - Arrested Development
Remember Arrested Development? Their other hits include "Everyday People" and "Tennessee" and the aforementioned; "Mr. Wendal". While I'm not quite clear on what the song is about; I guess I or anyone could listen to the lyrics and find out.

Mr. Wrong - Mary J. Blige Featuring Drake
I wasn't too fond of Mary's last single; "25/8" but she won me over with "Mr. Wrong" which is a pretty convincing coming from her because we all know Mary's past with bad boys; K-Ci Hailey of Jodeci.

Me & Mr. Jones - Amy Winehouse
It's one of the many gems on the Amy Winehouse's "Back To Black" album which is about famed rapper Nas. Of course anyone is smitten to have a song written about them particularly when it sheds them in a good light. Nas would hook up with Amy Winehouse on her most recent album; "Lioness: Hidden Treasures" on the cut; "Like Smoke".

Mr. Telephone Man - New Edition
The group composed of New Edition cut this song when they were in their mid teens and they like their groupies were lusting for some teenage lover. In a world before facebook, twitter, and cell phones; all there was were rotary phones. Have that go out and not be able to talk to your potential suitor and/or best friend; your pretty screwed. You can understand New Editions frustration as that is the case when "Mr. Telephone Man" has to come and repair the phone line.
Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Album Spotlight: Ne-Yo - In My Own Words

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED