2011: Favorites In Music...And Then Some

Favorite Video Of The Year: Kelly Rowland - Lay It On Me
Kelly Rowland teased us and teased us with the clip for this steamy hot video which was a follow up to her "Motivation" video. This video didn't get as much play nor did the single but Kelly had definitely discovered her inner sex goddess and I loved every minute of it. Kelly did catch some flack though when it was discovered that her video copied another video frame by frame in some scenes. Who's original these days anyway? Fortunately there were a few other videos that managed to get my attention and there listed below!
Faith Evans - Right Here
Teedra Moses - R U 4Real
Mary J. Blige Featuring Lil' Wayne & Diddy - Someone To Love Me(Naked)
Marsha Ambrosius - Far Away

Favorite Producer:(tie) Rich Harrison/Noah "40" Shebib
I had to look at song of the songs I really liked and think about who produced those songs. I thought of Rich Harrison because he produced two songs that I really liked this year; Jennifer Hudson's "No One Gonna Love You" and Marsha Ambrosius' "Late Nights & Early Mornings" which went neck and neck on the R&B charts earlier this year.

With me stanning over Drake's "Take Care" album and the aforementioned songs I really like I thought of Drake's frequent collaborator; Noah "40" Shebib.

Though I concentrated heavily on music and its influence and impact on me this year; I felt the need to just throw in a few more things just for the reader's sake. Enjoy!

Favorite Reality TV Show: (tie) The Real Housewives Of New Jersey/The Real Housewives Of Atlanta
What can I say? I love the Real Housewive franchise and I can't get enough of it. I don't watch every franchise per say but I follow must of the women. This year it was split between New Jersey and Atlanta because they both managed to keep a fair share of drama. Though I will say New Jersey is edging Atlanta a little because Atlanta is not coming with the dramatics like they should. Maybe by the end of the 4th season I will be singing another tune; we'll see!

Favorite Movie: Insidious
I remember when Insidious was trending on twitter which is obviously a big deal. I also thought it could be one of those hyped up horror movies. You notice how every horror movie that's come out as of late is so hyped up? Think: Paranormal Activity 3. Anyway I got a fair amount of chills and thrills when I saw this especially since I was alone in my place with all the lights out. That obviously made the movie more creepy. Was it scary? To an extent. Not on the blood and gore level but more on the supernatural level which would describe this type of movie.

Annoying Celebrity Of The Year:(tie) Justin Beiber/Kim Kardashian
I can't with Justin Beiber and all his gangster posturing in Christmas videos. I just don't get the big fuss with him.

Kim Kardashian has only taken the place of another famed socialite; Paris Hilton as Kim and her antics..and family have been shoved down our throats all year long. It's funny because when Paris Hilton was at her peak as far as being in the spotlight; she never annoyed me the way Kim Kardashian does. Let's not forget the fake and tacky wedding she had this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards