2011: Favorites In Music Part 1

Favorite Guest Artist Of The Year: Nicki Minaj & J. Cole
Nicki Minaj continued her dominance in 2011 not only as a solo artist but a featured artist alongside Drake("Make Me Proud"), Lil' Wayne("Y U Mad?"), Birdman("Y U Mad?") and David Guetta("Turn Me On"). What was most amusing about Nicki Minaj's collaborations in 2011 were that most of her guest verses were jabs at Lil' Kim. To me it made the collaborations more exciting to hear upon first listen. It had me wondering what was Nicki gonna say about Kim this time.

J. Cole not only released his debut album; "Cole World: The Sideline Story" a few months ago but also found himself quite in demand as far as features go. He appeared alongside songs for Beyonce("Party"), Keri Hilson("Buyou"), Elle Varner("Only Wanna Give It To You") and Bei Maejor("Trouble").

Favorite Album Of The Year: Drake - Take Care
I had no idea that I would like Drake's "Take Care" album so much to the point that I have literally played it out. When I do like albums a whole lot; I will play them out to the point where I don't care to hear them for awhile. Such is the case with Drake.

I am surprised that I liked his album so much especially since I didn't care for him really or his first album. Funny how things change! Right below is two other albums that I really liked. Check them out!
Beyonce -
4
Marsha Ambrosius -
Late Nights, Early Mornings

Favorite Album Cover: Beyonce - 4
I don't know what it was about Beyonce's album cover for "4" but I really liked it and it stood out to me. It signified what direction she was going with her music. Once I saw the full shot of the album cover; I liked it even more. Pure hotness! Below are some other album covers that stood out to me for one reason or another. Check them out!
Jennifer Hudson - I Remember Me
J-LO - LOVE?
Musiq - MusiqInTheMagiq
Drake - Take Care
Rihanna - Talk That Talk(Deluxed Edition)


Favorite Song Of The Year
: Marsha Ambrosius - Late Nights Early Mornings
The title track to Marsha Ambrosius's debut solo album lured me in right away upon first listen. The song produced by Rich Harrison(worked with Amerie) goes for a Prince-lite 80s vibe and it works wonders. It provides the perfect eargasm for listeners. It also oozes a fair amount of sensuality which should earn this song a lot of play in the bedroom. Here is a list of other songs below that I just found irresistible in 2011. They got a lot of play on my computer, in my car, and on my iPod. Some may of been fortunate enough to land coveted spots for my phone's ringtone, voicemail and e-mail tones.
Anything, Musiq Featuring Swizz Beats
Walking, Mary Mary
Take Me Away, Keyshia Cole
Someone To Love Me(Naked), Mary J. Blige Featuring Lil' Wayne & Diddy
Novacane, Frank Ocean
I Care, Beyonce
I Miss You, Beyonce
Love On Top, Beyonce
End Of Time, Beyonce
Best Thing I Never Had, Beyonce
How Many Times, K. Michelle
Break My Heart, Estelle Featuring Rick Ross
Fly Together; Red Cafe feat. Rick Ross & Ryan Leslie
Let It Fly; Maino Featuring Roscoe Dash
Headlines; Drake
Crew Love, Drake
Take Care, Drake Featuring Rihanna
Cameras, Drake
No One's Gonna Love You, Jennifer Hudson
Where You At, Jennifer Hudson
Good Fucking Night, Roscoe Dash
House Party, Meek Mill Featuring Young Chris
Can't Get Enough, J. Cole Featuring Trey Songz
Trouble, Bei Maejor Featuring J. Cole
Lotus Flower Bomb, Wale Featuring Miguel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards