American Music Awards Recap

...well sort of. I watched the first hour or so of the 2011 AMA's before I got sucked into "The Real Housewives Of Atlanta". Hey! I can't help it. I'm sucker for the show and reality TV period. If you missed the show; I'm providing you all with a little recap. Mind you I didn't watch the entire show but bits and pieces. So here you go:

Nicki Minaj opened the show doing a medley of her hit songs including one with David Guetta which I don't know the title of. She also did "Super Bass" but by the time she performed that she was exhausted and out of breath. You can tell that Nicki Minaj still needs to work on her stage presence. The entire time I couldn't help but think of how much Nicki Minaj's performance reminded me of Rihanna. It was more so her vocals though that reminded me of her Rihanna than the performance.

Jennifer Lopez performed a medley of her hits as well including; "Papi" which included quite the dance number. She also went into "On The Floor" and brought out guest Pitbull who also appeared with J-LO's ex; Marc Anthony; how awkward! On top of that J-LO performed alongside will.i.am and Mick Jagger(who appeared via satellite) for the single; "T.H.E.".

Nicki Minaj won the award for "Favorite Rap/Hip Hop Artist" beating out Lil' Wayne and Kanye West. Taylor Swift won "Artist Of The Year". Kelly Clarkson didn't look very flattering in her red number but I like Kelly Clarkson; not so much her music though. Christina Aguilera performed with Maroon 5 for their #1 hit single; "Moves Like Jagger". Chris Brown performed; "All Back" before going into a dance number for another song(I can't think of the song). The performance wasn't as typical as I expected.

Rihanna won for "Best R&B/Soul Album" for "Loud". Really? Beyonce won for "Favorite R&B/Soul Female". LMFAO closed out the show and it got so weird that I just turned it. Mind you I was flipping back and forth throughout the two and half hour telecast so I didn't catch every moment.

Presenters included: Jennifer Hudson, Queen Latifah, Taio Cruz, Lionel Richie, etc.

Performers: Maroon 5, Christina Aguilera, Ludacris, Enrique Iglesias(sp), Chris Brown, Nicki Minaj, Lil' Jon, Pitbull, Marc Anthony, J-LO, etc.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards

Cardi B. hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow"

Beyonce & Jay Z Confirm Tour