Singer Amy Winehouse's death this summer was the result of alcohol poisoning, an inquest ruled, as it reached a verdict of "death by misadventure."http://www.thebostonchannel.com/entertainment/29589332/detail.html#ixzz1btTf8Snc
A pathologist told a coroner's court in north London that alcohol toxicity was the cause of the 27-year-old's death, with her blood alcohol levels measured at more than five times the legal drink-drive limit.
A family statement, given by spokesman Chris Goodman, said: "It is some relief we finally found out what happened to Amy.
"We understand there was alcohol in her system when she passed away. It is likely a buildup of alcohol in her system over a number of days.
"The court heard that Amy was battling hard to conquer her problems with alcohol and it is a source of great pain that she could not win in time. She had started drinking again that week after a period of abstinence."
The Grammy award-winning artist, who had struggled with alcohol and drug abuse over several years, was found dead at her North London home on July 23.
Now playing: Mayer Hawthorne - No Strings