Missy Elliott Diagnosed With Grave's Disease

Who knew?!? And I wasn't sure if I had heard of Grave's disease or not but I believe I have. The rapper/producer opens up for the first time about her diagnosis which will be unraveled on her upcoming episode of VH1's "Behind The Music". Read more below:

Missy Elliott has revealed that she's been suffering with Graves' disease -- an autoimmune disease that affects the thyroid -- as of 2008.

Missy reportedly shared details of the diagnosis with People Magazine, saying that the symptoms -- including mood swings and weight loss --- affected her quickly and unexpectedly.

"I was [driving and] trying to put my foot on the brake, but my leg was jumping. I couldn't keep the brake down and almost crashed," Elliott said. "I couldn't write because my nervous system was so bad -- I couldn't even use a pen."

Elliott has been going through radiation and exercising, which fortunately has improved her condition. "I'm 30 pounds lighter because I've been exercising." Elliott continues. "My thyroid is functioning, so I haven't had to take medication in about nine months. [But] you live with it for the rest of your life."

As Missy continues as a champ, fighting through her disease, which unfortunately has no cure as of yet, she's working on new music with long time friend and collaborator, Timbaland. Elliott will be featured on VH1's 'Behind the Music,' further discussing her battle with Graves' disease, weight issues, and being sexually molested as a child.

You can catch Elliott's 'Behind the Music' special on Wednesday, June 29 at 10 PM.
http://www.billboard.com/#/column/the-juice/missy-elliott-diagnosed-with-graves-disease-1005248022.story

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards

Cardi B. hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow"

Beyonce & Jay Z Confirm Tour