Nicki Minaj Reacts To New Title

What title is that you ask? Well the title of "Queen of Hip Hop"! Well I don't think anyone quite had the title before; at least not publicly proclaimed. I mean there is a "Queen Of Hip Hop Soul"; Mary J. Blige but other than that; that was it. Anyway Nicki talks about her reaction to the title which was given to her by a famed publication. Read below for more info!

Earlier this year, Rolling Stone dubbed Nicki Minaj the “New Queen of Hip-Hop.” The “Super Bass” rapper speaks to Funkmaster Flex for MTV2’s “Funk Flex Full Throttle” about being bestowed with the crown from the long-running music magazine.

“It was very, very amazing to me,” shared a humbled Nicki, who didn’t know in advance. “I was so excited ’cause they’re really respected, and then when I went on all the TV shows, they kept on saying, ‘She’s been dubbed the New Queen of Hip-Hop by Rolling Stone magazine,’ so I was like, that happened at the perfect time.”

While flattered by the honor, she doesn’t feel entitled. “I’m honored because I obviously have been working hard to get to this place,” she continued. “Whether or not I’m the queen of anything, everybody’s gonna have their own opinion and I don’t do this thinking I’m the queen of this, I’m the queen of that. I just feel like I’m working hard and I just want people to recognize that.”
----------------
Now playing: Ashanti - Rescue
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards