Eric Benet Working On New Album, Film

Even though it was just last year when Eric Benet released his last album; he is already looking to the next and some feature films in the works. Read below for more info!

Although he's still actively working 2010's "Lost in Time," R&B singer Eric Benet plans to lose little time in working on its follow-up.

"I've already writing a couple of songs, so it's never too early," Benet tells Billboard.com. "I'm gonna try to get a really good start on this record by fall, at least the writing of it. I really dug the feel and the vibe of ('Lost in Time'), so I think I'd like to do a sequel of it as opposed to doing something completely different the next time around."

"Lost In Time" -- which Benet co-produced and recorded in Las Vegas, Studio City, Calif., and his home town of Milwaukee -- debuted at No. 33 on the Billboard 200 and has launched the singles "Sometimes I Cry" and "Never Want to Live Without You," which Benet used as a successful proposal to his fiance. A third single, however, is currently up in the air with the pending sale of his label.

"Without getting into too much detail, things are really dodgy at Warner Bros. right now," Benet explains. "They are kind of up in the air once again, so we're trying to figure out what exactly that relationship is. There's a whole lot of figuring out that needs to be done, a lot of questions unanswered."

Meanwhile, Benet has stepped out beyond music for his first lead acting role in a film called "Trinity Good Heart," which is slated to premiere on the Gospel Music Channel in August. Benet plays a single father raising a 12-year-old daughter from an interracial marriage, which results in "a very, very emotional, bittersweet, heartwarming story."

"That was kind of fun," says Benet, who's had smaller roles in "Glitter" as well as the TV shows "Half & Half," "Kaya" and "For Your Love." "This is the first time where I guess I took (the acting) seriously. I took some acting lessons, and it was quite an exercise and emotional exploration and something that I might want to do again, depending on if people think I was halfway decent enough or if something else comes across my manager's desk or in my inbox. We'll see."
----------------
Now playing: Kiley Dean - No
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards