Awkward Album Titles

I'm having a slight sense of deja vu because I felt like I did a blog about this previously and its possible that I have. When you have been blogging for over four years; you are likely to forget some of the things you covered in the past. Now I have gone back into my archives to look before I blogged about certain things but I don't always.

Anyway the following list of albums is deemed awkward by me personally. I think most people would consider "awkward" something baffling or not understandable. I think this is the case with a few of the titles below. I also deemed these album titles awkward based on the reaction of many people.

The Boy Is Mine, Monica

Monica shocked everybody when her second album was titled after her hit duet with Brandy. Monica later spoke out and claimed that executive Clive Davis was the mastermind behind the title. It was major shade towards Brandy and at the time just played into the rumors that they didn't get along.

Dangerously In Love, Beyonce

Beyonce's debut album was a really big deal and an even bigger one when it was revealed that her album title shared the name of a former Destiny's Child song. Interestingly enough the title track featured on the album was dubbed as "Dangerously In Love 2".

B'Day, Beyonce

People didn't quite understand the concept of "B'Day" instead referring to it as bidet; the bathroom fixture used to wash your butt. Many people confused it but I think the Urban community understood the title; "B'Day" a bit more.

My Life Too, The Journey Continues - Mary J. Blige
Mary J. Blige obviously didn't feel the need to get too creative upon naming her new album; a homage to her 1994 album; "My Life". I would of settled with "The Journey" but no!

The Glamorest Life, Trina

The problem here was the spelling. Instead Trina decided to alter the spelling of "Glamorous" to perhaps emphasize doing things her way. I mean she's clearly not the first to do it but I never understood it.

Chocolate Factory, R. Kelly

A title like this didn't sit well with people considering the accusations against R. Kelly at the time. You remember those accusations right? But the title was a homage to the movie "Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory". It didn't exactly shed R. Kelly in the best light since his history with kids is well documented.

Nigger, Nas

Always one for controversy, Nas named his album and later had to alter it. It was either that or not have your album carried in several stores. Nas obliged.

----------------
Now playing: Amerie ft. Trey Songz - Pretty Brown Eyes
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards