The 2011 BET Awards Nominations Upset

I caught a glimpse of BET's "106 & Park" last night when they were mentioning the nominees for this years BET Awards. I didn't sit and watch though since "106 & Park" to me is a drag to watch. Normally I'm not home to watch it but since I'm working a different schedule; I have my time on my hands. Anyway all on twitter and beyond; people have spoken out against their disdain at this year's BET Awards. It just got ugly!

Chris Brown
Chris Brown definitely deserves all the nominations he received for obvious reasons. He's had a really big year and a half with multiple hit singles. So no thing there but of course everyone is singing his praises.

Trina

Trina wasn't nominated in this year's Female Rap category and she was very upset and had all the reason to be. Her response on twitter was "Fuck BET". I mean over the last 10 years; Trina has pretty much been picked over at award season there. Someone said it sometime ago but clearly someone there doesn't like her. No matter what she does; put an album out consistently or not; she just can't win. It sucks!

Tank

Tank took to twitter clearly upset of his lack of nomination and the fellow nominees; which you can read more about below. I don't blame him though. He also questioned the validity of the nominees and the voters.

The Nominees List

I think this was the most ridiculous thing. Looking at the nominees a lot of people were scratching their heads. No I don't have a list of the nominees right now but I'm sure BET has it up by now. Anyway artists like Beyonce; who hasn't had anything out in the last year was nominated for Female R&B; maybe she was nominated for "Run The World(Girls)". Ha!

Lil' Romeo's sister Cymphonique and Lola Monroe in the Female Rap category?

Kevin Hart

Kevin Hart is this year's host and he's gained notoriety over the last year due to his comedy DVDs. Some friends of mine made me watch awhile back after they would constantly mimic lines from the show.

----------------
Now playing: Can't Take Me Home - 06 - Let Me Let You Know
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards

Cardi B. hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow"

Beyonce & Jay Z Confirm Tour