Jeremih Almost Got Dropped From Def Jam

Well that was until the 50 Cent assisted; "Down On Me" was released and hit the Pop top 10. The song was his saving grace and he has 50 Cent to thank for that. I'm not a fan of the song per say but I know a lot of people who do like it.

Simply put; Jeremih is a singles artists as all his singles do pretty good. I mean R&B is not selling like that anyway and Def Jam knows that. Personally I would keep him around cause he is still making the label money unlike artists who release singles and their not hits at all!

Musiq has chosen "Yes" as the second single off his upcoming album, "MusiqInTheMagiq" in stores and online May 3. The album also features the first single; "Anything" featuring Swizz Beats which is one of my favorites right now. This is the first Musiq album I'm looking forward to; oddly enough. I've liked his songs over the years but never got into any of his album as a whole.

I was just reading that Ester Dean's hit; "Drop It Low" featuring Chris Brown was originally meant for Ciara but she passed on it. Britney Spears also passed on the song so the songwriter/producer recorded the song and the rest is history.

Its always interesting to read these little tidbits about which songs were originally for who and who turned it down.

----------------
Now playing: Kelly Price - Tired
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards