Music Feed: 2010 Songs Revisited

There were plenty of songs released in 2010, and their still songs being released as the year wraps up. So what songs impacted me in 2010? Well there were a few and I won't go into details about every one of them. For the last 11 months though I did keep track of every song that stood out to me and was an instant favorite of mine. Check that list out!

Shakin' It For Daddy; Robin Thicke featuring Nicki Minaj

I think this was one of the first songs of the year that I really liked. This was also one of Nicki Minaj's first big feature and her guest verses(as always) were very memorable, catchy, and funny.

I can still remember when Robin Thicke premiered this song on "The Rickey Smiley Morning Show" and said this was his first single; though it ended up being "Sex Therapy". When he played the song it was a little different from the version we hear today but its still easily one of my favorite songs this year.

Making Love (Into The Night); Usher
This song was at the tail-end of Usher's "Raymond v. Raymond" album and one of my favorite songs this year. It's a certain feeling I get when I hear this song and its a good feeling; its like one of those songs that great to listen to especially at night.

By Myself; Trina
This was one of my favorite songs off of Trina's "Amazin'" album. Why did I like it so much? Because its short and sweet. It's Trina's attempt at singing or I guess you would say talk-singing. She does throw in a rap for good measure though. The song is instantly catchy and would of made a great radio song. Why it wasn't released was beyond me!

Find Your Love; Drake

Drake's second single off his platinum album, "Thank Me Later" didn't feature him rapping but singing and its easily one of my favorite songs of the year.

Un-Thinkable(I'm Ready); Alicia Keys
This was one of the more memorable songs released this year. It also happened to reach #1 on the R&B charts and stayed there for quite some time(I think it was about roughly nine weeks). The mood of the song is what makes this song so special and no wonder why it resonated so perfectly with most people.

Shutterbug; Big Boi
It was a shame this song wasn't received better because it was the perfect single for Big Boi. Thankfully for him, he received a Grammy nomination for it.

Can't Be Friends, Trey Songz
When I first heard this song, it was an instant favorite of mine. I liked it even more when I got wind that my friend liked it too. We would go for one of our infamous joyrides and bang this song and sing our hearts out. Good times!

Now it's like it almost doesn't feel right listening to this song without her; oddly enough.

Roman's Revenge, Nicki Minaj featuring Eminem

I remember when this song was leaked out and was a trending topic on twitter; which is a big deal. The song featured Nicki Minaj's alter-ego Roman Polanski and her taking some not so subtle jabs at Lil' Kim. Everything about the track is epic to me.

Check out the rest of my list of songs that I loved in 2010:
Follow Us, Big Boi
I always liked this song that it eventually became one of my ringtones.
Emergency, Tank
I like the feel of this song and the lyrics.
Gone Already, Faith Evans
I like the production of this song.
Sex Music, Tank
A sensual song that should of been a bigger hit.
Karaoke, Drake
One of my favorite songs from Drake's debut album.
Telekinesis, Ne-Yo
A favorite song of mine from Ne-Yo's "Libra Scale" album.
Who Knew, KeKe Wyatt
I like the feel and production of this song.
Did It On 'Em, Nicki Minaj
Nicki had so many funny lines in this song.
Here I Am, Nicki Minaj
I think I like the production of this song more than anything.
Don't Make Me Wait, Jazmine Sullivan
An instant favorite upon first listen.
Long Way Down, Keyshia Cole
This song is currently stuck in my head right now.

----------------
Now playing: BeyoncƩ - Daddy
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards