Music Feed: 2010 Music Videos Revisited

There aren't many videos released nowadays that manage to keep my attention not even for the four or so minutes their allotted. However their always manages to be a handful of videos that do catch my attention for whatever reason. The videos listed below are some of my favorite videos of the year or some videos that was a big deal in 2010. Check it out!

She's Single, Raheem DeVaughn
This was one of the few videos I remember being a Trending Topic on twitter. The video features Raheem and his cheating lover sneaking to a hotel and getting it on. The video was very explicit and featured a lot of too hot for TV type action.

Ride, Ciara featuring Ludacris

Ciara's video for "Ride" was so racy that BET banned it and that decision in itself caused outrage. However that decision made people want to see the video more and they did via YouTube, VEVO, and other media outlets.

Window Seat, Erykah Badu

When I first saw Erykah Badu's video for "Window Seat", I had no idea what I was in for but you never do with Erykah Badu. I was watching intently as each article of clothing was removed from her body. Bystanders watched as she walked gallantly down the street before revealing her nude body.

The video caused a lot of outrage as well and Erykah Badu found herself find for indecent exposure or was it something else? I can't remember. Easily one of the better and more artistic videos of the year.

Acapella, Kelis
What I like most about this video was the look of it. It's everything you'd come to expect in a Kelis video. One of the big kickers about this video is that Kelis' reveals her newborn baby with Nas.

Up Out My Face, Mariah Carey Featuring Nicki Minaj
Mariah Carey and Nicki Minaj got all dolled up for this video which looked like an ad from Target.

Can't Be Friends, Trey Songz
Aside from being one of my favorite songs of the year, Trey Songz' "Can't Be Friends" video was emotionally charged and displayed the singer in a way I haven't seen him in a long time.

Only Girl(In The World), Rihanna
It was too long ago when I first saw this video. I don't know how I missed it before. Besides that fact I really like the video and Rihanna is truly growing into her own I see.

Telephone, Lady GaGa & Beyonce
This video was a really big deal upon the time of its release. It was one of those monumental moments that you experience every blue moon. It's like a spectacle. It's like when "Thriller" was released and featured a lot of those various elements falling into the category of mini movie. It was every entertaining and it featured a cameo from Tyrese who's now giving love advice I see. Seriously he is!

Runaway, Kanye West
Similar to "Telephone", Kanye Wests' "Runaway" video was a spectacle in itself airing specifically on BET, VH1, and MTV as a mini movie and one of twitter's many Trending Topics this year.

POWER, Kanye West
Kanye West's video for "POWER" came and went and if you blinked you would of missed it. It clocked in no more than two minutes.


----------------
Now playing: Erykah Badu - Window Seat
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards