Music Feed: 2010 Feuds

Why can't we all just get along? Maybe in a perfect world but not even. Take a look at the list of feuds that dominated 2010.

I apologize in advance because some of the origins of the beef has faded from my memory. See I kept a log all year long of each feud as they took place. I guess I should of included more than just the names associated with the feud.

Shyne vs. 50 Cent

Who hasn't 50 Cent beefed with at this point? 50 Cent was taunting Shyne by parodying him and calling him during a video conference that was featured all over the Internet. Some other stuff went down but I can't remember what. I mean this wasn't the most memorable feud but probably one of the more entertaining ones if you followed along.

Nicki Minaj vs. Keys
Keys took a chance by recording a Nicki Minaj dis and uploading it to YouTube. 1,000,000 hits later; Keys briefly becomes one of the most talked about female rappers in awhile probably since...Nicki Minaj.

Fabolous vs. Jim Jones
Hey! I can't even remember why these two were beefing for. If I can't remember I don't think it was that memorable then.

Ciara vs. Keri Hilson
These two singers have been going at it for awhile. Keri Hilson started by talking and singing slickly about Ciara and other singers. Ciara finally responded on her song "U Got Me(Basic Instinct)" and some other songs. The two have since mended their feud by appearing on UStream together. Awww how sweet!

Glasses Malone vs. Ice Cube
I can't remember what this feud was about. Sorry guys! Google it for Christ Sake's!

Lupe Fiasco vs. Alicia Keys vs. Chad Hugo of The Neptunes
Something about a song that had Lupe Fiasco in an uproar...as always! Nothing new there. No wonder that "Lasers" album never saw the day of light! Just kidding! Much respect dawg!

Lil' Kim vs. Nicki Minaj
This was probably one of the more memorable and entertaining feuds this year. It all started when Kim was on a promo tour joined by Ray J who made comments about Nicki Minaj. It didn't help that Kim was chastising Nicki by throwing subliminal shots and tossing colored wigs into her audience.

The war of words would continue through Drake and the songs; "Roman's Revenge" by Nicki Minaj and "Black Friday" by Lil' Kim!

Monica vs. Vivica A. Fox
Monica "Ms. Thang" Arnold got upset with Vivica A. Fox after Vivica dissed her attire she wore at the 2010 BET Awards. Just to let you know that Monica ain't having it.

Fabolous vs. Soulja Boi
I forget what silly nonsense this beef transpired to be but 50 Cent would throw himself in the beef just to keep his name out there.

50 Cent vs. Fabolous
Refer to Fabolous vs. Soulja Boi

Kandi vs. Tameka Foster(Usher's ex)
Tameka Foster's crazy ass got mad at Kandi when Kandi appeared on BRAVO's "What Happens Live" and said she heard good things about Usher in bed. Well apparently Tameka heard those words and took to twitter and the two engaged in a back and forth school girl taunt.

Rick Ross vs. Young Jeezy
I guess I only chose to remember what feuds were most interesting to me. I mean as far as this feud is concerned; I can go out on a limb and say Young Jeezy is jealous of Rick Ross and his success. I mean they are labelmates after all so I can see the jealousy.

Foxy Brown vs. Nicki Minaj
The verdict is still out on this one but I officially upgraded this to a feud after Foxy dropped a dis aimed at Nicki on a remix to Gyptian's "Hold Yuh Remix". In the famous words of Foxy, "I'm the only Trini bitch that can kick yard shit!". I'm not so sure Foxy since Nicki is Trini too. Looks like you won't be the only one dominating that landscape.

So there you have it folks, the feuds of 2010. Hopefully there won't be as many beefs in 2011. But you never know!

----------------
Now playing: Tears For Fears - Everybody Wants To Rule The Wo
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards