Music Feed: 2010 Albums Revisited

Summing up 2010 musically, I would say it was a decent year for music. I always feel like each year should get better but it doesn't always work that way. As I have said before; the last year that I really felt there was an overwhelming amount of good music was in 2001. I've yet to see a single calender year top 2001 in terms of good music.

While in my opinion 2010 wasn't full of overwhelmingly good music there was some that existed. I mention those albums below. Check it out!

Raymond vs. Raymond; Usher
Usher's Raymond vs. Raymond was one of the first major releases in 2010 and there was a lot of anticipation around this album as expected. The album was pretty cohesive in my opinion. The songs flowed well and there were multiple hit singles that were spun from this album.

Usher somewhat released "Raymond vs. Raymond" but with a shorter version titled, "Versus" which spunned even more hits that weren't included on the original album.

Passsion Pain & Pleasure, Trey Songz
I was probably the only person not a fan of Trey Songz' "Ready" album but he redeemed himself on "Passion Pain & Pleasure". The album is an instant favorite of mine and I like how the album took on three different themes; those being the title of the album.

Trey is working this album much slower than "Ready" so I can definitely see this one going platinum.

Amazin, Trina
I'm a big fan of Trina so I was anticipating "Amazin'" and everything that came with it. Trina has been pretty consistent with each album and "Amazin'" was no exception.

The album didn't exactly set the charts on fire but she did have a hit single with "Always" featuring Monica.

Lyrics, Donell Jones
This was probably the most surprising album that I liked this year. I wasn't expecting much from this but it is a good album. It flows well and it gives you sort of a late night feel to it. You should check this album out if you haven't.

LibraScale, Ne-Yo
I pretty much turned my back on Ne-Yo albums ago but he redeemed himself with "LibraScale" which was somewhat of a concept album according to the singer. Featuring only 10 tracks on the standard version; each song compliments one another which makes for a vastly thorough R&B/Pop album that shouldn't be skipped.

This won't go down as one of Ne-Yo's biggest albums nor will the singles released from this. Its funny cause a lot of people panned this album and of course I would end up liking it. I'm funny like that!

Pink Friday, Nicki Minaj
I don't think I expected to like Nicki Minaj's "Pink Friday" album this much. Sure there are some tracks I could do without but overall the album is really good. I think it might throw some people off who were expecting your typical female rapper debut. I kid you not! This is not that album! This is totally different and much more pop oriented but it has its more urban moments exemplified in "Here I Am", "Roman's Revenge", and "Did It On 'Em".

Nicki scored kudos for her huge first week sales even rivaling Missy Elliott and Lauryn Hill.

Honorable Mentions:
  • Love Me Back, Jazmine Sullivan
  • Let Freedom Reign, Chrisette Michele
  • The ArchAndroid, Janelle Monae

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards