Album Spotlight: Destiny's Child - The Writings On The Wall


|


I know what you all are thinking. I want a Destiny's Child reunion so bad that I have spotlighted two of their albums back to back. Well that is not the case. I was able to find some albums that I never spotlighted. I have done so many in such a short time, I honestly feel like I was starting to hit a brick.

I don't think anyone had no idea how successful this album would prove to be. Destiny's Child certainly outdid themselves on this album due to not only the good music but the scandals; the album was certified like 8x platinum.

The album featured the first single, "Bills Bills Bills". The song and the group were criticized for their man dissing ways and it only continued on "Bug A Boo". "Jumpin Jumpin" was the album's third single and by the time the fourth single; "Say My Name" was released, the accompanying video featured two new members; Michelle Williams and Farrah Franklin.

Despite all the inner turmoil within the group, it made for some pretty interesting music even the songs that weren't chosen as singles such as "Temptation", "Now That She's Gone"(one of my personal favorites), "Confessions", and "So Good".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards

Cardi B. hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow"

Beyonce & Jay Z Confirm Tour