Album Spotlight: Beyonce - B'Day


|

As one would expect there was a lot of anticipation for Beyonce's second album, "B'Day" released in 2006. The album featured the first single, "Deja Vu" featuring Jay-Z. The racy video was offending to some but I never quite got the fuss about it. I thought the video was cool. I liked Beyonce's dancing in it.

For the second single, "Ring The Alarm" was released and many felt the lyrics were autobiographical and a swipe at Jay-Z and Rihanna. There were rumors about an affair.

The third single, "Irreplaceable" produced by Ne-Yo was actually the album's saving grace as the first two singles came and went rather fast. "Irreplaceable" was very catch and instantly shot to #1.

"Upgrade U" was released as the fourth single and each song from the 10 track album got the video treatment which was later released on DVD.

"B'Day" is a cool album but I favor her debut album, "Dangerously In Love" and I guess I'm alright with knowing I probably won't get another album from her like that no time soon.

Some of my favorite songs are "Green Light" and "Suga Mama".

----------------
Now playing: Andre3000 - Prototype
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards

Cardi B. hits #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 with "Bodak Yellow"

Beyonce & Jay Z Confirm Tour