Throwback Video: Laid Back - White Horse



I'm not sure how familiar you all are with this song but the song has been sampled numerous times. One of the samples that come to mind for me is Monifah's 1998 hit, "Touch It" which is basically the same track.

The song is about saying no to drugs but in such a unique and interesting way. I remember when I first heard the song at a family function. A lot of the older folks including my Dad got on the floor and were bugging out to this song. I was sitting there in amazement listening to this strange song about a "White Horse" and the constant use of the word "bitch". It was definitely interesting. Many years down the road I would come to appreciate it for the classic that it is known to be today.

----------------
Now playing: Mariah Carey - More Than Just Friends
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards