Music Feed: MTV VMAS Recap 2010

So last night MTV aired their annual award show for the VMAS which honors excellence in videos. Last night's big winner was Lady GaGa winning eight of the thirteen awards she was nominated for. As usual she had a variety of outfits and the most talked about was her "meat dress" when she got presented an award from Cher.

Nicki Minaj performed on the pre-show performing "Your Love" and "Check It Out" featuring Will.I.Am which I take it is her newest single.

As far as performances Eminem performed "Not Afraid" and then "Love The Way You Lie" featuring Rihanna. Rihanna's appearance was more of a surprise when she appeared opposite of the main stage in her red signature wigs she's been wearing lately.

Taylor Swift put me and everyone else to sleep as she performed a song about Kanye acting a fool last year. I think many of us wanted him to interrupt that segment.

Usher performed a medley of hits as well including, "DJ Got Us Falling In Love" before going into the #1 hit, "OMG" sans Will.I.Am and his performance was decent.

Ciara joined N.E.R.D. for a performance that featured Ciara grinding up on Pharrell and bending over backwards. Typical Ciara performance I guess huh?

Drake performed "Fancy" alongside Swizz Beats and Mary J. Blige. The performance was nothing special to me but I do like the song nonetheless.

B.O.B. performed his medley of hits including, "Airplanes" and the one with Bruno Mars(can't remember the name right now). Forgive me!

Kanye Wests' performance was the final performance of the night and one of the most anticipated. His performance featured him in a red suit as he worked the stage back and forth and shouted out "assholes and douche bags" among other things. Pusha T from Clipse joined in near the end of the set.

Appearance wise, Rick Ross came rolling through on a Power Wheel to scoop up host Chelsea Handler. Trey Songz introduced Usher. Nicki Minaj presented an award. I believe Ne-Yo did too. I can't remember.

I probably forgot some performances or mentions here and there but this was all off top of my head. I think this covers most of the show anyway.

Overall the show was a snoozefest. Coming off of last year, I was expecting more. With all the happened last year, security might of been on high alert. Still the show averaged 11.4 million viewers during its telecast.

----------------
Now playing: Trey Songz - Cant Be Friends
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards