Album Spotlight: Janet - The Velvet Rope




Janet Jackson is one of the few artists who conjures up a level of excitement which each album release. 1997's "The Velvet Rope" was certainly no exception. I remember me and my friend sitting watching MTV and they were set to premiere the video to first single, "Got 'Til It's Gone" featuring Joni Mitchell & Q-Tip. It would be one of the first Janet albums I bought.

For the second single Janet released, "Together Again" followed by "I Get Lonely". There were also videos released but not physical singles for "Go Deep" and "Everytime"(which is one of my favorite Janet videos for more than one reason).

"The Velvet Rope" would prove to be one of Janet's most controversial albums next to 2001's "All For You" mainly due to its various topics; homosexuality, abuse, masturbation etc. but that's what Janet became known for; her discussion of various topics in songs.

Some of my favorite songs here include the title track, "Empty", "Rope Burn", "Anything", and many more.

----------------
Now playing: Trey Songz - Blind
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards