Album Spotlight: The Isley Bros. - Mission To Please




Before this album, The Isley Bros. were known as a funk band who were popular in the 70s and 80s. Thanks to R. Kelly and his influence of The Isley Bros, he is responsible for bring the group back to prominence. Some of his work with Ronald Isley may have alienated some of The Isley Bros. core fans. In the meantime R. Kelly helped introduce The Isley Bros. to a whole new generation.

I remember gushing about this album and asking my mother to buy it for me. Luckily I received the album as a Christmas gift. It was one of the first CDs I had. This was the same Christmas that I got my first CD boombox. With that new CD boombox, I wanted new CDs to play in it.

The album's first single, "Let's Stay Together" was produced by R. Kelly and featured the producer on backing vocals. Sad to say I really can't remember what other songs were singles. The shortage of singles didn't stop this album from going platinum. It was the first album in a line of future Isley Bros. albums that would be certified either gold or platinum.

"Mission To Please" was released in 1996 and it contained 10 tracks. Many of the songs were co-written and co-produced by Ronald Isley's ex-wife singer, Angela Winbush. There was also production from Babyface & Keith Sweat.

Some of my favorite songs from the album are "Holding Back The Years", "Slow Is The Way", and "Let's Get Intimate".

----------------
Now playing: Fantasia - Even Angels (Produced By Stereotypes)
via FoxyTunes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards