Album Spotlight: Angie Stone - Black Diamond





I had never heard of Angie Stone prior to her debut solo album, "Black Diamond". Come to find out though she had an extensive background in music that dated back to the late 70s as a rapper. Ange Stone hit it big with her single, "No More Rain(In This Clouds)". When I tell you all that my mother played this song out, she played it out! She played it out to the point that I learned the lyrics to the song. I never cared for the song but it didn't stop me from learning the lyrics. I heard damn near everyday for months at a time.

As much as my mother played "No More Rain", I did manage to hear the rest of the album. One song that always stood out to me and is one of my personal favorites is "Bone 2 Pic(Wit U)". I can't remember a lot of the album but another notable song to check out is "Everyday" which was co-written by Angie's baby daddy, D'Angelo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wyclef Jean Responds To Scam Accusations!

*UPDATED* Music Feed: Janet Jackson's Most Sexualized Songs: REVISITED

Music Feed: The 2015 Billboard Music Awards